Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 9:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 09:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.12 meters/second, 1584.4 kilometres/hour, 984.5 miles/hour or 855.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.6"||984.36 mi||West||0° 09' 09.9"||10.50 mi||North||984.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 17.8"||774.06 mi||East||3° 20' 55.6"||230.21 mi||North||802.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mumbai||Thu 3:14 PM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||NE|
|Pune||Thu 3:14 PM||1283 km||797 miles||693 nm||NE|
|Male||Thu 2:44 PM||1303 km||810 miles||703 nm||SE|
|Surat||Thu 3:14 PM||1399 km||869 miles||756 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 3:14 PM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||ESE|
|Bengaluru||Thu 3:14 PM||1451 km||902 miles||783 nm||E|
|Muscat||Thu 1:44 PM||1466 km||911 miles||791 nm||NNW|
|Karachi||Thu 2:44 PM||1501 km||932 miles||810 nm||N|
|Madurai||Thu 3:14 PM||1522 km||945 miles||822 nm||E|
|Hyderabad||Thu 3:14 PM||1657 km||1029 miles||894 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.