Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 11:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 11:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.72 meters/second, 1583.0 kilometres/hour, 983.6 miles/hour or 854.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.1"||983.45 mi||West||0° 09' 03.3"||10.37 mi||North||983.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 33.2"||773.65 mi||East||3° 18' 04.5"||226.95 mi||North||801.36 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dessie||Thu 2:24 PM||90 km||56 miles||49 nm||SSW|
|Lalibela||Thu 2:24 PM||117 km||73 miles||63 nm||WNW|
|Mek'ele||Thu 2:24 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||NNW|
|Debre Berhan||Thu 2:24 PM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||SSW|
|Dikhil||Thu 2:24 PM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||ESE|
|Dorra||Thu 2:24 PM||262 km||163 miles||142 nm||E|
|Ali Sabieh||Thu 2:24 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||ESE|
|Bahir Dar||Thu 2:24 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||W|
|Gondar||Thu 2:24 PM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||WNW|
|Tadjoura||Thu 2:24 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.