Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 438.98 meters/second, 1580.3 kilometres/hour, 982.0 miles/hour or 853.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.4"||981.79 mi||West||0° 08' 51.4"||10.15 mi||North||981.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 02.8"||772.91 mi||East||3° 12' 51.2"||220.97 mi||North||798.96 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dédougou||Thu 2:24 PM||22 km||14 miles||12 nm||N|
|Koudougou||Thu 2:24 PM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||E|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 2:24 PM||149 km||92 miles||80 nm||SW|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 2:24 PM||186 km||115 miles||100 nm||NE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 2:24 PM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||E|
|Koutiala||Thu 2:24 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||W|
|Sikasso||Thu 2:24 PM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||WSW|
|Korhogo||Thu 2:24 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 2:24 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||E|
|Dori||Thu 2:24 PM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.