Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 438.94 meters/second, 1580.2 kilometres/hour, 981.9 miles/hour or 853.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.3"||981.70 mi||West||0° 08' 50.7"||10.13 mi||North||981.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 04.6"||772.87 mi||East||3° 12' 33.6"||220.63 mi||North||798.83 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Koutiala||Thu 2:34 PM||49 km||30 miles||26 nm||ENE|
|Sikasso||Thu 2:34 PM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||SSE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 2:34 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Thu 2:34 PM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||W|
|Korhogo||Thu 2:34 PM||315 km||195 miles||170 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Thu 2:34 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||E|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 2:34 PM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||ENE|
|Dabakala||Thu 2:34 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 2:34 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||E|
|Bouaké||Thu 2:34 PM||518 km||322 miles||279 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.