Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 438.89 meters/second, 1580.0 kilometres/hour, 981.8 miles/hour or 853.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.3"||981.60 mi||West||0° 08' 50.0"||10.12 mi||North||981.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 06.3"||772.83 mi||East||3° 12' 15.9"||220.30 mi||North||798.70 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bamako||Thu 2:44 PM||51 km||32 miles||28 nm||NE|
|Sikasso||Thu 2:44 PM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||ESE|
|Koutiala||Thu 2:44 PM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||E|
|Korhogo||Thu 2:44 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||SE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 2:44 PM||458 km||284 miles||247 nm||ESE|
|Koidu||Thu 2:44 PM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||SW|
|Nzérékoré||Thu 2:44 PM||508 km||315 miles||274 nm||S|
|Man||Thu 2:44 PM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||S|
|Kindia||Thu 2:44 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||WSW|
|Makeni||Thu 2:44 PM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.