Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 6:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 18:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.98 meters/second, 1576.7 kilometres/hour, 979.7 miles/hour or 851.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 28.0"||979.54 mi||West||0° 08' 34.9"||9.83 mi||North||979.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 45.6"||771.97 mi||East||3° 05' 43.4"||212.81 mi||North||795.82 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kingstown||Thu 2:24 PM||51 km||32 miles||28 nm||NE|
|Saint George's||Thu 2:24 PM||90 km||56 miles||49 nm||SSW|
|Vieux Fort||Thu 2:24 PM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||NE|
|Castries||Thu 2:24 PM||144 km||89 miles||77 nm||NNE|
|Fort-de-France||Thu 2:24 PM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||NNE|
|Scarborough||Thu 2:24 PM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||SSE|
|Bridgetown||Thu 2:24 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||E|
|Port of Spain||Thu 2:24 PM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||S|
|Chaguanas||Thu 2:24 PM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||S|
|Roseau||Thu 2:24 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.