Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.68 meters/second, 1575.7 km/hour, 979.1 miles/hour or 850.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.6"||978.88 mi||West||0° 08' 30.1"||9.74 mi||North||978.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 58.8"||771.70 mi||East||3° 03' 36.5"||210.39 mi||North||794.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cartagena||Thu 2:34 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||SE|
|Panama||Thu 2:34 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||SSW|
|Barranquilla||Thu 2:34 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||ESE|
|Puerto Cabezas||Thu 1:34 PM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||WNW|
|Montería||Thu 2:34 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||SSE|
|May Pen||Thu 2:34 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||NNE|
|Kingston||Thu 2:34 PM||582 km||361 miles||314 nm||NNE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Thu 2:34 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||SSW|
|Montego Bay||Thu 2:34 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||N|
|David||Thu 2:34 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.