Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.45 meters/second, 1571.2 km/hour, 976.3 miles/hour or 848.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.8"||976.12 mi||West||0° 08' 09.4"||9.35 mi||North||975.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 55.4"||770.61 mi||East||2° 54' 41.1"||200.17 mi||North||791.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 2:24 PM||1284 km||798 miles||694 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:24 PM||1615 km||1003 miles||872 nm||SW|
|Midway||Thu 1:24 PM||3372 km||2095 miles||1821 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:24 PM||3404 km||2115 miles||1838 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Thu 2:24 PM||3455 km||2147 miles||1865 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:24 PM||3559 km||2211 miles||1922 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Thu 5:24 PM||3727 km||2316 miles||2013 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 5:24 PM||3810 km||2368 miles||2057 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Fri 2:24 PM||3965 km||2464 miles||2141 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:24 PM||4047 km||2515 miles||2185 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.