Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.44 meters/second, 1571.2 km/hour, 976.3 miles/hour or 848.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.6"||976.08 mi||West||0° 08' 09.0"||9.34 mi||North||975.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 56.2"||770.60 mi||East||2° 54' 33.6"||200.03 mi||North||791.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 2:28 PM||1208 km||751 miles||652 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:28 PM||1555 km||967 miles||840 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 1:28 PM||3284 km||2040 miles||1773 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:28 PM||3308 km||2056 miles||1786 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Thu 2:28 PM||3454 km||2146 miles||1865 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:28 PM||3486 km||2166 miles||1882 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Thu 5:28 PM||3794 km||2357 miles||2048 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 5:28 PM||3888 km||2416 miles||2100 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Fri 2:28 PM||3898 km||2422 miles||2105 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:28 PM||4018 km||2497 miles||2169 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.