Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.41 meters/second, 1571.1 km/hour, 976.2 miles/hour or 848.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.6"||976.02 mi||West||0° 08' 08.7"||9.33 mi||North||975.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 57.4"||770.58 mi||East||2° 54' 22.3"||199.82 mi||North||791.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 2:34 PM||1102 km||685 miles||595 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:34 PM||1477 km||917 miles||797 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 1:34 PM||3153 km||1959 miles||1702 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:34 PM||3167 km||1968 miles||1710 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:34 PM||3380 km||2100 miles||1825 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 2:34 PM||3460 km||2150 miles||1868 nm||S|
|Apia *||Fri 2:34 PM||3801 km||2362 miles||2052 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Thu 5:34 PM||3896 km||2421 miles||2103 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:34 PM||3979 km||2472 miles||2148 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 5:34 PM||4007 km||2490 miles||2164 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.