Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.40 meters/second, 1571.0 km/hour, 976.2 miles/hour or 848.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.6"||976.00 mi||West||0° 08' 08.5"||9.33 mi||North||975.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 58.0"||770.57 mi||East||2° 54' 18.5"||199.75 mi||North||791.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 2:36 PM||1069 km||664 miles||577 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:36 PM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 1:36 PM||3110 km||1932 miles||1679 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:36 PM||3120 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:36 PM||3345 km||2079 miles||1806 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 2:36 PM||3464 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||S|
|Apia *||Fri 2:36 PM||3770 km||2343 miles||2036 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Thu 5:36 PM||3930 km||2442 miles||2122 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:36 PM||3967 km||2465 miles||2142 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 5:36 PM||4047 km||2515 miles||2185 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.