Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.15 meters/second, 1570.2 km/hour, 975.6 miles/hour or 847.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.26 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||north||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.3"||975.45 mi||west||0° 08' 04.2"||9.25 mi||north||975.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 09.6"||770.36 mi||east||2° 52' 29.6"||197.66 mi||north||790.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 3:34 PM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:34 PM||1612 km||1002 miles||870 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:34 PM||1923 km||1195 miles||1038 nm||SW|
|Midway||Thu 2:34 PM||1999 km||1242 miles||1080 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:34 PM||2636 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:34 PM||2640 km||1640 miles||1425 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:34 PM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:34 PM||2984 km||1854 miles||1611 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 1:34 PM||3011 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Fri 3:34 PM||3134 km||1948 miles||1692 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.