Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.15 meters/second, 1570.2 km/hour, 975.6 miles/hour or 847.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.3"||975.45 mi||West||0° 08' 04.2"||9.25 mi||North||975.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 09.6"||770.36 mi||East||2° 52' 29.6"||197.66 mi||North||790.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 3:34 PM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:34 PM||1612 km||1002 miles||870 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:34 PM||1923 km||1195 miles||1038 nm||SW|
|Midway||Thu 2:34 PM||1999 km||1242 miles||1080 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:34 PM||2636 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:34 PM||2640 km||1640 miles||1425 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:34 PM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:34 PM||2984 km||1854 miles||1611 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 1:34 PM||3011 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Fri 3:34 PM||3134 km||1948 miles||1692 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.