Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 1:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.11 meters/second, 1570.0 kilometres/hour, 975.6 miles/hour or 847.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.2"||975.35 mi||West||0° 08' 03.6"||9.24 mi||North||975.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 11.7"||770.32 mi||East||2° 52' 10.6"||197.31 mi||North||790.26 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 3:44 PM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:44 PM||1773 km||1101 miles||957 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:44 PM||1779 km||1105 miles||961 nm||SE|
|Midway||Thu 2:44 PM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:44 PM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:44 PM||2496 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:44 PM||2592 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 1:44 PM||2758 km||1714 miles||1489 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:44 PM||2847 km||1769 miles||1537 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 3:44 PM||3091 km||1920 miles||1669 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.