Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.94 meters/second, 1569.4 km/hour, 975.2 miles/hour or 847.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.8"||974.97 mi||West||0° 08' 00.6"||9.18 mi||North||974.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 19.8"||770.18 mi||East||2° 50' 55.1"||195.86 mi||North||789.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Fri 2:24 PM||1409 km||875 miles||761 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:24 PM||1529 km||950 miles||826 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 3:24 PM||1579 km||981 miles||852 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:24 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 2:24 PM||1762 km||1095 miles||952 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:24 PM||2262 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Fri 2:24 PM||2328 km||1447 miles||1257 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:24 PM||2509 km||1559 miles||1354 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:24 PM||2617 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:24 PM||2680 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.