Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 02:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 02:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.81 meters/second, 1568.9 km/hour, 974.9 miles/hour or 847.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.25 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||north||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.6"||974.74 mi||west||0° 07' 58.3"||9.14 mi||north||974.50 mi|
|24 hours||348° 31' 33.6"||770.12 mi||west||2° 49' 56.1"||194.75 mi||north||789.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Fri 2:54 PM||851 km||529 miles||460 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 2:54 PM||1036 km||644 miles||560 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:54 PM||1407 km||875 miles||760 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 3:54 PM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:54 PM||1813 km||1127 miles||979 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 2:54 PM||1825 km||1134 miles||985 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Fri 1:54 PM||1972 km||1225 miles||1065 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:54 PM||2543 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:54 PM||3017 km||1875 miles||1629 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:54 PM||3018 km||1876 miles||1630 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.