Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 2:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 02:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.81 meters/second, 1568.9 km/hour, 974.9 miles/hour or 847.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.6"||974.68 mi||West||0° 07' 58.3"||9.14 mi||North||974.44 mi|
|24 hours||348° 31' 33.9"||770.07 mi||West||2° 49' 58.1"||194.78 mi||North||789.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Fri 2:54 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||SSW|
|Kwajalein||Fri 2:54 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 2:54 PM||1060 km||659 miles||573 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:54 PM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 3:54 PM||1760 km||1093 miles||950 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:54 PM||1797 km||1117 miles||970 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 2:54 PM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Fri 1:54 PM||1999 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:54 PM||2537 km||1576 miles||1370 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:54 PM||2990 km||1858 miles||1614 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.