Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.68 meters/second, 1568.4 km/hour, 974.6 miles/hour or 846.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||north||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.4"||974.38 mi||west||0° 07' 56.1"||9.09 mi||north||974.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 32.5"||769.96 mi||east||2° 48' 59.0"||193.65 mi||north||789.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 3:24 PM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||N|
|Majuro||Fri 3:24 PM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Fri 2:24 PM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:24 PM||1530 km||951 miles||826 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 3:24 PM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 4:24 PM||2217 km||1377 miles||1197 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:24 PM||2347 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 1:24 PM||2452 km||1524 miles||1324 nm||W|
|Honiara||Fri 2:24 PM||2730 km||1696 miles||1474 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 3:24 PM||2819 km||1752 miles||1522 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.