Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 03:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 03:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.59 meters/second, 1568.1 km/hour, 974.4 miles/hour or 846.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||north||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.2"||974.19 mi||west||0° 07' 54.7"||9.06 mi||north||973.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 36.6"||769.88 mi||east||2° 48' 20.9"||192.92 mi||north||788.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 3:44 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Fri 2:44 PM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 3:44 PM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 3:44 PM||1692 km||1051 miles||913 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:44 PM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 1:44 PM||1930 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||W|
|Midway||Thu 4:44 PM||2592 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Fri 2:44 PM||2623 km||1630 miles||1416 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:44 PM||2774 km||1724 miles||1498 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Fri 3:44 PM||3107 km||1930 miles||1677 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.