Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 8:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 08:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.45 meters/second, 1564.0 km/hour, 971.8 miles/hour or 844.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.1"||971.62 mi||West||0° 07' 34.4"||8.68 mi||North||971.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 33.3"||768.94 mi||East||2° 39' 42.1"||183.02 mi||North||785.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dawei||Fri 2:44 PM||103 km||64 miles||56 nm||SE|
|Mawlamyine||Fri 2:44 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||N|
|Yangon||Fri 2:44 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||NNW|
|Nakhon Sawan||Fri 3:14 PM||303 km||188 miles||163 nm||ENE|
|Bangkok||Fri 3:14 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||ESE|
|Pattaya||Fri 3:14 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||ESE|
|Chiang Mai||Fri 3:14 PM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||NNE|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Fri 3:14 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||E|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 2:44 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||NNW|
|Khon Kaen||Fri 3:14 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.