Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 9:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 09:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.19 meters/second, 1563.1 km/hour, 971.3 miles/hour or 844.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.7"||971.04 mi||West||0° 07' 29.7"||8.59 mi||North||970.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 46.0"||768.73 mi||East||2° 37' 44.7"||180.78 mi||North||784.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kakinada||Fri 2:44 PM||247 km||154 miles||134 nm||NNW|
|Visakhapatnam||Fri 2:44 PM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||N|
|Chennai||Fri 2:44 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||WSW|
|Kurnool||Fri 2:44 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||WNW|
|Hyderabad||Fri 2:44 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||WNW|
|Anantapur||Fri 2:44 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||W|
|Bengaluru||Fri 2:44 PM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||WSW|
|Jaffna||Fri 2:44 PM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||SSW|
|Nizamabad||Fri 2:44 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NW|
|Bhubaneshwar||Fri 2:44 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.