Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 9:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 09:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.15 meters/second, 1562.9 kilometres/hour, 971.2 miles/hour or 843.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.5"||970.95 mi||West||0° 07' 28.9"||8.57 mi||North||970.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 48.3"||768.69 mi||East||2° 37' 25.2"||180.41 mi||North||784.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nellore||Fri 2:54 PM||78 km||48 miles||42 nm||SW|
|Srikalahasti||Fri 2:54 PM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||SW|
|Guntur||Fri 2:54 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||N|
|Vijayawada||Fri 2:54 PM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||N|
|Tirupati||Fri 2:54 PM||184 km||115 miles||100 nm||SW|
|Tirumala||Fri 2:54 PM||186 km||115 miles||100 nm||SW|
|Chennai||Fri 2:54 PM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||S|
|Tiruvallur||Fri 2:54 PM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||SSW|
|Eluru||Fri 2:54 PM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||NNE|
|Palakollu||Fri 2:54 PM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.