Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 9:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.11 meters/second, 1562.8 kilometres/hour, 971.1 miles/hour or 843.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.4"||970.85 mi||West||0° 07' 28.1"||8.56 mi||North||970.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 50.4"||768.66 mi||East||2° 37' 05.5"||180.03 mi||North||784.65 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Anantapur||Fri 3:04 PM||64 km||40 miles||34 nm||WSW|
|Kurnool||Fri 3:04 PM||104 km||65 miles||56 nm||N|
|Adoni||Fri 3:04 PM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||NW|
|Ballari||Fri 3:04 PM||134 km||83 miles||72 nm||WNW|
|Srisailam||Fri 3:04 PM||152 km||95 miles||82 nm||NNE|
|Raichur||Fri 3:04 PM||168 km||104 miles||91 nm||NNW|
|Tirumala||Fri 3:04 PM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||SE|
|Tirupati||Fri 3:04 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||SE|
|Nellore||Fri 3:04 PM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||ESE|
|Mahbubnagar||Fri 3:04 PM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.