Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 9:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 09:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.06 meters/second, 1562.6 km/hour, 971.0 miles/hour or 843.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.3"||970.76 mi||West||0° 07' 27.3"||8.55 mi||North||970.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 52.5"||768.63 mi||East||2° 36' 45.9"||179.66 mi||North||784.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Haveri||Fri 3:14 PM||37 km||23 miles||20 nm||WSW|
|Davangere||Fri 3:14 PM||54 km||33 miles||29 nm||SSE|
|Hubballi||Fri 3:14 PM||79 km||49 miles||43 nm||NW|
|Tarikere||Fri 3:14 PM||134 km||83 miles||72 nm||S|
|Kadur||Fri 3:14 PM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||SSE|
|Belagavi||Fri 3:14 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||NW|
|Chikkamagaluru||Fri 3:14 PM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||S|
|Kundapur||Fri 3:14 PM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||SW|
|Margao||Fri 3:14 PM||194 km||120 miles||105 nm||WNW|
|Anantapur||Fri 3:14 PM||203 km||126 miles||109 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.