Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.05 meters/second, 1559.0 kilometres/hour, 968.7 miles/hour or 841.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.3"||968.48 mi||West||0° 07' 08.6"||8.19 mi||North||968.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 44.0"||767.81 mi||East||2° 28' 50.0"||170.57 mi||North||781.82 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Moussoro||Fri 2:44 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||SSW|
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 2:44 PM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||NNE|
|Mongo||Fri 2:44 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||SSE|
|Abéché||Fri 2:44 PM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||ESE|
|Ndjamena||Fri 2:44 PM||458 km||285 miles||248 nm||SW|
|Fada||Fri 2:44 PM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||ENE|
|Maiduguri||Fri 2:44 PM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||SW|
|Maroua||Fri 2:44 PM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||SW|
|Sarh||Fri 2:44 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||S|
|Moundou||Fri 2:44 PM||775 km||481 miles||418 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.