Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.80 meters/second, 1558.1 kilometres/hour, 968.1 miles/hour or 841.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.7"||967.91 mi||West||0° 07' 03.9"||8.10 mi||North||967.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 56.9"||767.61 mi||East||2° 26' 49.7"||168.28 mi||North||781.16 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Niamey||Fri 3:44 PM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||SSW|
|Sokoto||Fri 3:44 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||SE|
|Dori||Fri 2:44 PM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||WSW|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 2:44 PM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||SW|
|Maradi||Fri 3:44 PM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||ESE|
|Kandi||Fri 3:44 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||S|
|Agadez||Fri 3:44 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||ENE|
|Arlit||Fri 3:44 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||NE|
|Natitingou||Fri 3:44 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||SSW|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 2:44 PM||610 km||379 miles||330 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.