Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 2:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 14:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.75 meters/second, 1557.9 kilometres/hour, 968.0 miles/hour or 841.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.7"||967.82 mi||West||0° 07' 03.1"||8.08 mi||North||967.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 59.0"||767.57 mi||East||2° 26' 29.5"||167.89 mi||North||781.05 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dori||Fri 2:54 PM||184 km||115 miles||100 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Fri 3:54 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SE|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 2:54 PM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 2:54 PM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||WSW|
|Timbuktu||Fri 2:54 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||WNW|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 2:54 PM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||SW|
|Koudougou||Fri 2:54 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||SW|
|Kandi||Fri 3:54 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||SSE|
|Sokoto||Fri 3:54 PM||562 km||350 miles||304 nm||ESE|
|Mango||Fri 2:54 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.