Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.62 meters/second, 1557.4 km/hour, 967.8 miles/hour or 841.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.13 mi||west||0° 00' 07.1"||0.13 mi||north||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.5"||967.53 mi||west||0° 07' 00.6"||8.03 mi||north||967.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 05.7"||767.47 mi||east||2° 25' 27.0"||166.70 mi||north||780.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bamako||Fri 3:24 PM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||SSW|
|Koutiala||Fri 3:24 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||SSE|
|Sikasso||Fri 3:24 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 3:24 PM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||ESE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Fri 3:24 PM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||SSE|
|Tidjikja||Fri 3:24 PM||588 km||365 miles||317 nm||NW|
|Koudougou||Fri 3:24 PM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 3:24 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||ESE|
|Korhogo||Fri 3:24 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||S|
|Dori||Fri 3:24 PM||753 km||468 miles||407 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.