Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 15, 2013 at 3:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.63 meters/second, 1557.5 kilometres/hour, 967.8 miles/hour or 841.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.13 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.5"||967.54 mi||West||0° 07' 00.7"||8.04 mi||North||967.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 05.5"||767.47 mi||East||2° 25' 29.2"||166.74 mi||North||780.72 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bamako||Fri 3:24 PM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||SSW|
|Koutiala||Fri 3:24 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||SSE|
|Timbuktu||Fri 3:24 PM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||ENE|
|Sikasso||Fri 3:24 PM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 3:24 PM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||ESE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Fri 3:24 PM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||SSE|
|Koudougou||Fri 3:24 PM||586 km||364 miles||317 nm||SE|
|Tidjikja||Fri 3:24 PM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||WNW|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 3:24 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||ESE|
|Korhogo||Fri 3:24 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.