Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 21:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 21:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.14 meters/second, 1552.1 km/hour, 964.4 miles/hour or 838.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.07 mi||west||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||north||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.2"||964.19 mi||west||0° 06' 31.5"||7.48 mi||north||963.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 22.1"||766.29 mi||east||2° 13' 12.7"||152.68 mi||north||776.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Fri 3:24 PM||105 km||65 miles||57 nm||ENE|
|San Cristobal de las Casas||Fri 3:24 PM||151 km||94 miles||82 nm||ENE|
|Villahermosa||Fri 3:24 PM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||NNE|
|Santa María Huatulco||Fri 3:24 PM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||W|
|Oaxaca||Fri 3:24 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||WNW|
|Veracruz||Fri 3:24 PM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||NW|
|Escuintla||Fri 3:24 PM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||ESE|
|Guatemala||Fri 3:24 PM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||ESE|
|Santa Ana||Fri 3:24 PM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||ESE|
|Punta Gorda||Fri 3:24 PM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.