Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.33 meters/second, 1549.2 km/hour, 962.6 miles/hour or 836.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.3"||962.38 mi||West||0° 06' 14.8"||7.16 mi||North||962.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 03.6"||765.64 mi||East||2° 06' 15.9"||144.72 mi||North||774.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 2:46 PM||1688 km||1049 miles||912 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:46 PM||2298 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Fri 5:46 PM||3064 km||1904 miles||1654 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Fri 5:46 PM||3102 km||1928 miles||1675 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas *||Fri 5:46 PM||3464 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 5:46 PM||3511 km||2182 miles||1896 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Fri 5:46 PM||3577 km||2223 miles||1931 nm||NE|
|Midway||Fri 1:46 PM||3787 km||2353 miles||2045 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Fri 2:46 PM||3856 km||2396 miles||2082 nm||SSW|
|Seattle *||Fri 5:46 PM||3904 km||2426 miles||2108 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.