Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.14 meters/second, 1548.5 km/hour, 962.2 miles/hour or 836.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||North||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.0"||961.95 mi||West||0° 06' 10.8"||7.09 mi||North||961.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 13.2"||765.48 mi||East||2° 04' 35.6"||142.81 mi||North||774.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Fri 3:34 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||NNW|
|Wailuku||Fri 3:34 PM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 3:34 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:34 PM||1679 km||1043 miles||906 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Fri 2:34 PM||2695 km||1675 miles||1455 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:34 PM||3052 km||1896 miles||1648 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:34 PM||3439 km||2137 miles||1857 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Fri 3:34 PM||3823 km||2375 miles||2064 nm||S|
|San Francisco *||Fri 6:34 PM||3885 km||2414 miles||2098 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sat 1:34 PM||3891 km||2417 miles||2101 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.