Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 01:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 01:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.13 meters/second, 1548.5 km/hour, 962.2 miles/hour or 836.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.04 mi||west||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||north||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.0"||961.93 mi||west||0° 06' 10.7"||7.08 mi||north||961.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 13.7"||765.48 mi||east||2° 04' 31.4"||142.73 mi||north||774.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Fri 3:36 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||N|
|Wailuku||Fri 3:36 PM||498 km||310 miles||269 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 3:36 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:36 PM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 2:36 PM||2652 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:36 PM||3010 km||1870 miles||1625 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:36 PM||3413 km||2121 miles||1843 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Fri 3:36 PM||3831 km||2380 miles||2068 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sat 1:36 PM||3857 km||2397 miles||2083 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 3:36 PM||3867 km||2403 miles||2088 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.