Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.94 meters/second, 1547.8 km/hour, 961.8 miles/hour or 835.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.4"||961.51 mi||West||0° 06' 06.6"||7.01 mi||North||961.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 23.3"||765.32 mi||East||2° 02' 50.7"||140.81 mi||North||773.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 4:24 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Fri 3:24 PM||1699 km||1055 miles||917 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:24 PM||1923 km||1195 miles||1038 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:24 PM||2150 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 2:24 PM||2654 km||1649 miles||1433 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 2:24 PM||2835 km||1762 miles||1531 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sat 2:24 PM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:24 PM||2944 km||1830 miles||1590 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 2:24 PM||3224 km||2004 miles||1741 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Sat 4:24 PM||3442 km||2139 miles||1859 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.