Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.90 meters/second, 1547.7 km/hour, 961.7 miles/hour or 835.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.4"||961.42 mi||West||0° 06' 05.8"||6.99 mi||North||961.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 25.3"||765.29 mi||East||2° 02' 29.7"||140.41 mi||North||773.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 4:34 PM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Fri 3:34 PM||1542 km||958 miles||833 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:34 PM||2027 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:34 PM||2072 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Sat 2:34 PM||2417 km||1502 miles||1305 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 2:34 PM||2619 km||1628 miles||1414 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sat 2:34 PM||2629 km||1634 miles||1420 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:34 PM||2909 km||1808 miles||1571 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 2:34 PM||3103 km||1928 miles||1675 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 2:34 PM||3292 km||2045 miles||1777 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.