Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.86 meters/second, 1547.5 km/hour, 961.6 miles/hour or 835.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.03 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||north||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.3"||961.32 mi||west||0° 06' 04.9"||6.97 mi||north||961.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 27.5"||765.26 mi||east||2° 02' 06.5"||139.96 mi||north||773.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 3:44 PM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 4:44 PM||1509 km||938 miles||815 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:44 PM||1924 km||1195 miles||1039 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 2:44 PM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:44 PM||2263 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Sat 2:44 PM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sat 2:44 PM||2414 km||1500 miles||1304 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:44 PM||2899 km||1801 miles||1565 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 2:44 PM||2989 km||1857 miles||1614 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 2:44 PM||3058 km||1900 miles||1651 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.