Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.53 meters/second, 1542.7 km/hour, 958.6 miles/hour or 833.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.1"||958.33 mi||West||0° 05' 35.2"||6.41 mi||North||958.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 34.7"||764.15 mi||East||1° 49' 47.0"||125.84 mi||North||770.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sakon Nakhon||Sat 3:34 PM||28 km||17 miles||15 nm||S|
|Wanon Niwat||Sat 3:34 PM||49 km||31 miles||27 nm||WNW|
|Savannakhet||Sat 3:34 PM||113 km||70 miles||61 nm||SSE|
|Udon Thani||Sat 3:34 PM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||W|
|Vientiane||Sat 3:34 PM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||WNW|
|Khon Kaen||Sat 3:34 PM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||SW|
|Pakse||Sat 3:34 PM||308 km||192 miles||167 nm||SE|
|Xam Neua||Sat 3:34 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||N|
|Luang Prabang||Sat 3:34 PM||347 km||216 miles||187 nm||NW|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Sat 3:34 PM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.