Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 9:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 09:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.34 meters/second, 1542.0 kilometres/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.6"||957.91 mi||West||0° 05' 31.0"||6.32 mi||North||957.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 43.9"||763.99 mi||East||1° 48' 00.0"||123.80 mi||North||770.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yangon||Sat 3:54 PM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||E|
|Naypyidaw||Sat 3:54 PM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||ENE|
|Chittagong||Sat 3:24 PM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||N|
|Mawlamyine||Sat 3:54 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||E|
|Barisal||Sat 3:24 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||NNW|
|Khulna||Sat 3:24 PM||645 km||401 miles||349 nm||NNW|
|Port Blair||Sat 2:54 PM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||S|
|Chandpur||Sat 3:24 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||NNW|
|Mandalay||Sat 3:54 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||NE|
|Comilla||Sat 3:24 PM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.