Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.02 meters/second, 1533.7 km/hour, 953.0 miles/hour or 828.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||north||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.0"||952.77 mi||west||0° 04' 32.0"||5.20 mi||north||952.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 32.8"||761.97 mi||east||1° 23' 42.2"||95.96 mi||north||764.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santo Domingo||Sat 4:34 PM||42 km||26 miles||23 nm||E|
|Santiago de los Caballeros||Sat 4:34 PM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||NNW|
|Puerto Plata||Sat 4:34 PM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||NNW|
|Punta Cana||Sat 4:34 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||E|
|Port-au-Prince *||Sat 4:34 PM||212 km||131 miles||114 nm||W|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Sat 4:34 PM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||NW|
|Gonaïves *||Sat 4:34 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||WNW|
|Mayagüez||Sat 4:34 PM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||E|
|Cockburn Town *||Sat 4:34 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||NNW|
|Ponce||Sat 4:34 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.