Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.27 meters/second, 1531.0 km/hour, 951.3 miles/hour or 826.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.2"||951.03 mi||West||0° 04' 10.3"||4.78 mi||North||950.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 04.2"||761.18 mi||East||1° 14' 50.6"||85.80 mi||North||763.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana *||Sat 5:36 PM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||NE|
|San Diego *||Sat 5:36 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Sat 5:36 PM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali *||Sat 5:36 PM||2026 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sat 5:36 PM||2128 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA) *||Sat 5:36 PM||2164 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco *||Sat 5:36 PM||2195 km||1364 miles||1185 nm||NNE|
|Sacramento *||Sat 5:36 PM||2305 km||1433 miles||1245 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Sat 5:36 PM||2317 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas *||Sat 5:36 PM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.