Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.93 meters/second, 1529.7 kilometres/hour, 950.5 miles/hour or 826.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.4"||950.25 mi||West||0° 03' 59.6"||4.58 mi||North||950.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 18.0"||760.82 mi||East||1° 10' 29.0"||80.80 mi||North||762.40 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kailua-Kona||Sat 4:34 PM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||NE|
|Wailuku||Sat 4:34 PM||234 km||146 miles||127 nm||NNE|
|Hilo||Sat 4:34 PM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||ENE|
|Napili-Honokowai||Sat 4:34 PM||239 km||148 miles||129 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Sat 4:34 PM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:34 PM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||S|
|Midway||Sat 3:34 PM||2304 km||1431 miles||1244 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 2:34 PM||2953 km||1835 miles||1594 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:34 PM||3482 km||2164 miles||1880 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 2:34 PM||3644 km||2264 miles||1968 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.