Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.10 meters/second, 1526.8 kilometres/hour, 948.7 miles/hour or 824.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.5"||948.40 mi||West||0° 03' 32.3"||4.06 mi||North||948.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 48.0"||759.91 mi||East||0° 59' 20.2"||68.02 mi||North||760.64 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Sun 3:34 PM||1097 km||682 miles||593 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 3:34 PM||1111 km||690 miles||600 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Sun 3:34 PM||1111 km||690 miles||600 nm||NW|
|Foochow||Sun 3:34 PM||1359 km||845 miles||734 nm||NW|
|Kagoshima||Sun 4:34 PM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Sun 4:34 PM||1377 km||855 miles||743 nm||SSE|
|Xiamen||Sun 3:34 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Sun 3:34 PM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||SSW|
|Shantou||Sun 3:34 PM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||WNW|
|Kumamoto||Sun 4:34 PM||1509 km||938 miles||815 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.