Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 8:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.96 meters/second, 1526.2 kilometres/hour, 948.4 miles/hour or 824.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.2"||948.08 mi||West||0° 03' 27.1"||3.96 mi||North||947.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 52.6"||759.74 mi||East||0° 57' 14.8"||65.63 mi||North||760.34 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kowloon||Sun 4:30 PM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||NW|
|Hong Kong||Sun 4:30 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||NW|
|Shantou||Sun 4:30 PM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||N|
|Shenzhen||Sun 4:30 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||NW|
|Macau||Sun 4:30 PM||464 km||288 miles||251 nm||NW|
|Guangzhou||Sun 4:30 PM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||NW|
|Foshan||Sun 4:30 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||NW|
|Tuguegarao||Sun 4:30 PM||560 km||348 miles||303 nm||ESE|
|Kaohsiung||Sun 4:30 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||NE|
|Tarlac City||Sun 4:30 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.