Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.95 meters/second, 1526.2 km/hour, 948.3 miles/hour or 824.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.2"||948.05 mi||West||0° 03' 26.8"||3.95 mi||North||947.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 53.0"||759.73 mi||East||0° 57' 05.9"||65.46 mi||North||760.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kowloon||Sun 4:34 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||NNW|
|Hong Kong||Sun 4:34 PM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||NNW|
|Macau||Sun 4:34 PM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||NW|
|Shenzhen||Sun 4:34 PM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||NNW|
|Shantou||Sun 4:34 PM||466 km||289 miles||252 nm||NNE|
|Foshan||Sun 4:34 PM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||NNW|
|Guangzhou||Sun 4:34 PM||501 km||311 miles||270 nm||NNW|
|Haikou||Sun 4:34 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||W|
|Zhanjiang||Sun 4:34 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Sun 4:34 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.