Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 8:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 08:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.92 meters/second, 1526.1 kilometres/hour, 948.3 miles/hour or 824.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.1"||948.00 mi||West||0° 03' 25.8"||3.93 mi||North||947.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 53.7"||759.70 mi||East||0° 56' 43.5"||65.03 mi||North||760.26 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Haikou||Sun 4:44 PM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||WNW|
|Macau||Sun 4:44 PM||327 km||203 miles||176 nm||N|
|Hong Kong||Sun 4:44 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||NNE|
|Kowloon||Sun 4:44 PM||355 km||220 miles||191 nm||NNE|
|Shenzhen||Sun 4:44 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||NNE|
|Zhanjiang||Sun 4:44 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||NW|
|Foshan||Sun 4:44 PM||418 km||259 miles||225 nm||N|
|Guangzhou||Sun 4:44 PM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||N|
|Shantou||Sun 4:44 PM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||NE|
|Da Nang||Sun 3:44 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.