Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 9:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.80 meters/second, 1525.7 km/hour, 948.0 miles/hour or 823.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||947.72 mi||West||0° 03' 21.3"||3.85 mi||North||947.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 57.7"||759.55 mi||East||0° 54' 51.3"||62.89 mi||North||760.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luang Prabang||Sun 4:34 PM||116 km||72 miles||63 nm||NE|
|Chiang Rai||Sun 4:34 PM||160 km||100 miles||87 nm||WNW|
|Vientiane||Sun 4:34 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||SE|
|Chiang Mai||Sun 4:34 PM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||WSW|
|Udon Thani||Sun 4:34 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||SE|
|Xam Neua||Sun 4:34 PM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||ENE|
|Khon Kaen||Sun 4:34 PM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||SSE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Sun 4:34 PM||414 km||257 miles||224 nm||SSW|
|Savannakhet||Sun 4:34 PM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||SE|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Sun 4:34 PM||488 km||303 miles||264 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.