Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 8:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.41 meters/second, 1520.7 km/hour, 944.9 miles/hour or 821.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.8"||944.61 mi||West||0° 02' 21.4"||2.70 mi||North||944.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 27.0"||757.64 mi||East||0° 30' 36.0"||35.08 mi||North||757.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sun 4:20 PM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:20 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sun 4:20 PM||791 km||492 miles||427 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:20 PM||823 km||512 miles||445 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Sun 4:20 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 4:20 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Sun 4:20 PM||847 km||527 miles||458 nm||WSW|
|Charlestown||Sun 4:20 PM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 4:20 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Sun 4:20 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.