Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 8:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 20:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.39 meters/second, 1520.6 kilometres/hour, 944.9 miles/hour or 821.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.8"||944.57 mi||West||0° 02' 20.5"||2.68 mi||North||944.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 27.3"||757.61 mi||East||0° 30' 13.5"||34.65 mi||North||757.19 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sun 4:30 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:30 PM||550 km||341 miles||297 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sun 4:30 PM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||SW|
|Brades||Sun 4:30 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||WSW|
|Gustavia||Sun 4:30 PM||604 km||376 miles||326 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Sun 4:30 PM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:30 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SW|
|Philipsburg||Sun 4:30 PM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||WSW|
|Charlestown||Sun 4:30 PM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 4:30 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.