Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 8:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.37 meters/second, 1520.5 km/hour, 944.8 miles/hour or 821.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.8"||944.53 mi||West||0° 02' 19.5"||2.67 mi||North||944.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 27.4"||757.58 mi||East||0° 29' 50.8"||34.22 mi||North||757.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sun 4:40 PM||316 km||197 miles||171 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:40 PM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Sun 4:40 PM||377 km||234 miles||204 nm||SW|
|The Valley||Sun 4:40 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||WSW|
|Marigot||Sun 4:40 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 4:40 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||SW|
|Brades||Sun 4:40 PM||416 km||258 miles||225 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sun 4:40 PM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||SSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:40 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||SSW|
|Road Town||Sun 4:40 PM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.