Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 18, 2013 at 5:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.60 meters/second, 1517.8 km/hour, 943.1 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.5"||942.79 mi||West||0° 01' 30.0"||1.72 mi||North||942.72 mi|
|24 hours||348° 21' 39.5"||756.08 mi||West||0° 09' 59.9"||11.46 mi||North||755.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 5:26 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||W|
|Midway||Sun 6:26 PM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Mon 5:26 PM||1451 km||901 miles||783 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:26 PM||2069 km||1286 miles||1117 nm||S|
|Palikir||Mon 4:26 PM||2156 km||1339 miles||1164 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Mon 5:26 PM||2376 km||1476 miles||1283 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:26 PM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sun 7:26 PM||3050 km||1895 miles||1647 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Mon 3:26 PM||3079 km||1913 miles||1663 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:26 PM||3244 km||2016 miles||1751 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.