Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 18, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.40 meters/second, 1517.0 kilometres/hour, 942.7 miles/hour or 819.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.5"||942.35 mi||West||0° 01' 12.3"||1.38 mi||North||942.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 11.2"||755.56 mi||East||0° 02' 54.0"||3.33 mi||North||755.45 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tuguegarao||Mon 4:34 PM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||WSW|
|Naha||Mon 5:34 PM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||N|
|Kaohsiung||Mon 4:34 PM||783 km||486 miles||423 nm||WNW|
|Taipei||Mon 4:34 PM||807 km||502 miles||436 nm||NW|
|Taoyuan City||Mon 4:34 PM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Mon 4:34 PM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||NW|
|Quezon||Mon 4:34 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||SW|
|Manila||Mon 4:34 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||SW|
|Foochow||Mon 4:34 PM||1052 km||653 miles||568 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Mon 4:34 PM||1067 km||663 miles||576 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.