Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 18, 2013 at 10:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 10:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.29 meters/second, 1516.7 km/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 818.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.5"||942.10 mi||West||0° 01' 00.5"||1.16 mi||North||942.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 03.1"||755.22 mi||East||0° 01' 51.2"||2.13 mi||South||755.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naypyidaw||Mon 5:10 PM||98 km||61 miles||53 nm||WSW|
|Mandalay||Mon 5:10 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||NNW|
|Chiang Mai||Mon 5:40 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SE|
|Yangon||Mon 5:10 PM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||SSW|
|Mawlamyine||Mon 5:10 PM||421 km||262 miles||228 nm||S|
|Luang Prabang||Mon 5:40 PM||551 km||342 miles||297 nm||E|
|Chittagong||Mon 4:40 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||WNW|
|Nakhon Sawan||Mon 5:40 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||SE|
|Vientiane||Mon 5:40 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||ESE|
|Chandpur||Mon 4:40 PM||725 km||450 miles||391 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.