Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 18, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.28 meters/second, 1516.6 kilometres/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 818.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.5"||942.06 mi||West||0° 00' 58.3"||1.12 mi||North||942.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 01.6"||755.16 mi||East||0° 02' 40.9"||3.08 mi||South||755.27 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chittagong||Mon 5:02 PM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||N|
|Barisal||Mon 5:02 PM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||NNW|
|Chandpur||Mon 5:02 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||NNW|
|Khulna||Mon 5:02 PM||353 km||220 miles||191 nm||NW|
|Comilla||Mon 5:02 PM||358 km||223 miles||194 nm||N|
|Dhaka||Mon 5:02 PM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||NNW|
|Jessore||Mon 5:02 PM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||NW|
|Kolkata||Mon 4:32 PM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||NW|
|Howrah||Mon 4:32 PM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||NW|
|Tangail||Mon 5:02 PM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.